Tuesday, January 11, 2005

my birthday

thanks to everyone who called to say happy birthday to me!! i felt so loved! apparently i'm birthday twins with pat benatar, george foreman, and rod stewart. cool stuff.
since my birthday fell on a monday, i went out with my friends on sunday. which really isn't that much better. well, better for me since i don't have monday classes. we went to tampico's (a really good mexican restaurant that everyone should try) and a couple bars. one b/c a couple of my friends know the bouncer and the other for dancing. too bad it was techno night..
i got cool presents too. i got a cookie cookbook from bailie and keir and a collection of hot sauces from claudette. she gave me about 6 different hot sauces. i think they're all mexican sauces. so i had to taste them all. i'm sure my stomach loved that combo.. mexican food, beer, and all six hot sauces. she got me cholula, picamas, el yucateco, tamazula, salsa huichol, and el pato. the one i liked the best is tamazula. she said that a random guy in the salsa aisle told her that tamazula was the best one. so she got it and he was right. it's a really good hot sauce. the el yucateco is the spiciest. the kind that lingers in your mouth and throat. i'm not so into that. i'm used to korean spicy food where it burns you then goes away. not so much burns you until you have tears in your eyes b/c you can't get the spicy out of your mouth. el pato tasted more vinagear-y than the others, and picamas and salsa huichol kinda tastes like tapatillo to me. although picamas is a bit thicker than salsa huichol and tapatillo. cholula is pretty good. a nice, americanize mexican hot sauce. they have it at pizza my hear and california pizza kitchen. all in all, very yummy presents. ;)
was it just me or was brad and jennifer's split painful for you? i mean, just the other day you were having a discussion about who's prettier (brad)
on another note, i think the new apprentice will be interesting. i don't really watch the show. i usually just watch bits and pieces and the last couple minutes to see who was fired. but i'd like to see a street smart person win over a book smart person.

No comments: