Sunday, February 04, 2007

kansas!

for years, i've told people that when i got older (25 and up) and didn't have any marriage prospects, my mom would start to set me up on dates. and i've also said that when she did that, i'd run away. people would usually laugh or ask questions about it. well, now that i'm 25 and have no marriage prospects, my mom set me up on a date. it wasn't horrible but it wasn't enjoyable either. i think the main reason was because his english isn't all that great and my korean isn't too good either. also, my mom was there. she had a great time. a little afterwards, i found a job posting for a gps person on an archaeology job list site. i applied for it and the next day was offered the job. i had to talk it over with my parents and a couple people online about whether or not i should go and then called back and said yes. so now i'm going to kansas in a week. the job is temporary and is only until april but it might be extended to september. who knows. the nice part is that they pay for my hotel and food!

i don't know too much about kansas though. i know it's a red state, it's going to be cold, there are tornadoes, and there's probably a small chance of me eatting good korean food while i'm there. oh, and i've heard that the lawmakers passed a bill to outlaw the second law of thermodynamics. .......... yeah. i'll update everyone one kansas once i actually get there. in the mean time, anyone want to help pack? ;)

No comments: