Friday, October 16, 2009

visitors!

my parents came to visit last weekend. this is huge. i've lived in new york for two years now and this is the first time they've visited me. here are some highlights:
- on saturday we went to the american natural history museum. we pretty much walked around all day on little sleep since they were a bit jetlagged. my mom sorta took a mini nap when we had a coffee break.
-my dad had a dream friday night and when he woke up he said that he needed to buy some lotto tickets. we bought one each. then that night he prayed to God that we'd loose.
- parents in town means good food at restaurants :) on saturday night we met up with distant relatives to a korean restaurant. i got really excited to see the table filling with banchan and appetizers. and on sunday for lunch we went to a japanese place owned by my aunt's friend. they didn't give us menus. the food just came. it was awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee! a HUGE platter of assorted sushi, pork salad, mochi, and more. it was an almost 3 hr lunch. i don't know the last time i ate so much!
- we walked around 10 miles each day wandering the city. including walking across the brooklyn bridge and then realizing that i don't actually know where the subway stop to get back is.
- my dad fixed my door. now it actually stays shut when i close it. but now i have to turn the knob to open the door.

i like having visitors. it makes me fall in love with the city again. i get to go on adventures through the city, find random statues and make up stories about why they were commissioned, and re-experience all the little things that make up manhattan that i usually rush through.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ooh, I will come visit! Sometime... that is...

Yay your parents made it. I guess they saved up for it by making one less trip to faraway countries? :P