Friday, September 17, 2004

i'm in santa cruz now

i moved into my apartment in santa cruz a couple weeks ago. it's been an interesting couple weeks. i live with claudette, also an anthropology major and ex-villager. we have a tv and 2 computers but no cable and no internet. it's more like decoration. if we were ikea, the tv and computers would be made out of cardboard.

i've been on the job hunt but not having much luck. i applied to retail jobs, bakeries, and even to ups. one of the requirements for ups is to lift 70 lbs. i hope they don't test that on me.. i haven't been called back. i did get an interview but i don't think that got me anywhere. ah well.

lately, i've been going to the gym around 1pm. not because i have nothing better to do or b/c the lunch crowd is gone. more because that's when days of our lives is on and i can watch it while i use the elipical machine. closed captioned of course.

1 comment:

Peetie said...

Hi Sandra! Your post is so funny. Your UPS story reminds me of the time I received a letter from the Boy Scouts of America, inviting me to their summer camp, where I would be expected to weigh at least 140 lbs, have a level 3 badge in Kayaking, and have passed various rope-knotting exams. I don't know what kind of boy's name they thought Theresa was. Good luck with the job hunt!