Sunday, March 06, 2005

cleaning..

usually i do the dishes when we run out of cups. to the point where we're at the verge of drinking out of espresso cups. can you imagine drinking your daily 8 oz of water from an espresso cup?!?! you'd have to refill it after each sip. but today, the limiting factor was bowls. so even if i wanted a bowl of cereal for dinner, i wouldn't be able to eat it. b/c all the bowls are dirty. or a bowl of soup. although, now that i think of it, i could have used a mug.
also, from quizno's i brought home the huge garbage bags. and since the kitchen had two safeway bags full of trash already, i put the bags in the big bag. i also put the bathroom garbage and my room's garbage in the bag. but it was still only about half full. so i left it in the kitchen. and we just kept filling that bag full of garbage. until today. when i decided that it was time to toss it when our kitchen started to smell like a dumpster. and i figured, if i was going to toss stuff, i might as well get rid of yucky things in the fridge. like my milk that expired 2 weeks ago. and dried out cheese. and rotted garlic. the garlice wasn't in the fridge. but it still needed to be tossed. and some moldy bread. i'm not so sure i like the fact that i didn't eat all that stuff before it expired. b/c as a kid, it was basically drilled into my head that you don't waste food. b/c there are a lot of starving kids in north korea and africa.
the thing is, i need the communal areas to be clean. not neccessarily my own room. my room is disgusting to the point where i can't find some papers. my bed is never made. my clothes are piled a couple layers high. my books are all over. but i don't clean it up. instead, i have to make sure the that blankets on the couch are neatly folded and that the kitchen counters are clean and the microwave is crumbless. it's like i have selective ocd.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I totally relate. My room is a disaster and my life is completely unorganized, but I try to keep the kitchen and bathroom clean. Sometimes I wonder if I'd be that good about it if I didn't have a roommate though. Maybe I should never live alone for my own sake