Thursday, October 27, 2005

an interesting email moment

a couple of weeks ago, i signed up for bella greeting cards b/c i forgot a friend's birthday and wanted to send her a belated birthday ecard. they're cards aren't that bad. but you need to pay for them. i got the card and i canceled it as soon as my friend got the card b/c there's only a two week free trial period. to cancel the subscription, you have to write out a cancelation request form thing. and today, when i checked my email, this is what i got from their site:
Sandra,
Your account has been cancelled.
Just out of curiousity is this Sandrah Oh the actor from Gray's Anatomy and Sideways?
Regards,
T.*

I emailed the woman back and said thank you for canceling my subscription but no, i'm not the actress. but i did sign the email "Sandra Oh (the unfamous)". because, you know... i'm not famous.
kinda made me wonder about identity theft for a bit. b/c if i can't be famous, i'm going to be paranoid, DAMNIT! but yeah. identity theft is up there in my "scares me shitless" list. that and germs (i mean biological warfare. i'm not a antibacterial hand sanitizer bottle a day person) and disappointing ppl.

*The name of the emailer was removed in the off chance that she decided to google "interesting email"+"sandra oh"+"bella greeting cards" and went back about 15 of google's "O"s.

No comments: