Tuesday, August 29, 2006

non-drowsy medicine should be NON-DROWSY

i officially have a cold. before it was just my throat and weird voice. now coughing has been added to the mix. the hydrogen peroxide experiment kinda worked. gargling it in a 1:1 solution with water helped my throat. but putting it into my ear didn't prevent a cold. but maybe it was b/c i didn't do it often enough. and i'm my own test subject so who knows. maybe it works better on others. sarita told me to take a shot of vodka and follow it with a couple glasses of water. i tried that too. i don't know how well it worked on my throat but it helped me sleep. i've also been taking a yucky, unnaturally blue, "non-drowsy" cough syrup. it put me to sleep yesterday. which is not good. today i took it with caffeine. so i haven't fallen asleep but i haven't been awake either.

over the weekend i ran into nancy wong, the dermatologist i used to work for back in high school. she was painting a watercolor of a landscape when we saw her. and she won the most recent weekly photo contest. such an artsy doctor! she gave me and sarita a raffle ticket. and i just got a call saying that i won! woo! i get $100 from the pacific art league to either buy a piece of art or take a class. i think i'm going to take a class.

No comments: