Thursday, August 10, 2006

whoa.. long time no blog

i guess an update of my life is in order.
my parents' company burned down in april and we're in the process of working the whole insurance thing out. thankfully, nobody was injured in the fire and we have some good people helping us out. shout out to uncle rick!
i finished my certificate in archaeology and GIS in may/june. which is nice. since i'm currently in the hate part of my love/hate relationship with school.
right now i'm working with my parents doing all sorts of office things. but i'm also looking for a job someplace else. geographically, i want to find a job in either san francisco or new york city. and maybe DC or alaska.
i've started walking the dish. yesterday i saw it move. pretty cool. i've learned a few things about myself while walking. 1) i have no endurance 2) when i run, i inhale twice and exhale twice. it's weird and makes me sound like i'm dying 3) my walking speed is the same as this one guy's running speed times 3. i've nicknamed him speedy gonzalez.
last saturday i went to holly's housewarming/superhero costume party. i was scientistwoman b/c the only thing i could find as a costume is my lab coat. duff man won the costume contest. sara used my graduation gown as a cape and her friend tomi wore my hardhat. i'm not very good at last minute costume making. there were 2 quailmen, a duff man, she-ra, a businessman, a supergirl, and surprisingly 4 ppl were in lab coats.
last sunday was my cousin julie's sloshball bday party. it was fun as always. except when i got home, i realized that i had a sunburn. also, someone threw away almost an entire pan of 5 layer dip. who does that??!! i would have taken it home if it wasn't in the trash first.
this weekend sara and i are gonna make a trip down to LA for a wedding. that should be fun. we originally wanted to go down friday, wedding saturday, vegas sat/sun, and drive up on sunday. but now we're carpooling with other people and it's become complicated.
on to current events:
the terrorism threat in england is pretty scary stuff. but i like that it was stopped before anything happened. it gives me hope that separate agencies are talking to each other instead of hoarding information. and it's going to be a bit more inconvenient to fly but all the security precautions are making me feel a bit safer.
lieberman should accept defeat and not run as an independent. it's kinda like giving up cigarettes but replacing it with cigars.
LC and jason from laguna beach (and later her spin off, the hills) have broken up. which leads me to say this: LC should have taken the internship in paris over staying in a beach house with jason all summer. really. for a girl who wants to get into the fashion world, she made a crappy career move.

No comments: