Tuesday, October 16, 2007

i live in New York, people!!

Things that have happened to me since moving to New York City

  • A rat ran into my foot as I was walking around Tribeca. I'm pretty proud of myself for not yelping. And very happy that I didn't bring any flip flops.

  • I've gotten lost about once every few days. Which probably says something about me since I now live in a city based on a grid system with numbered streets

  • I never know which way to leave the subway leading me to becoming confused

  • I got my nails done. I figured it's a nice New York thing to do. Except that they're the longest they've ever been and it's taking me a while to get used to them. Typing, cleaning and putting in my contacts, actually being able to scratch an itch.

  • I watched Rent. I kinda wanted to watch Legally Blonde or something but I went with a guy friend and figured he wouldn't want to watch it.

  • Since the apt has no internet or tv, I've been playing a lot of sudoku. It still takes me forever to finish a game though.

  • I've been to three bar type places. All three had people playing either flip cup or beer pong. Or there was a table with the dots showing where the beer pong cups should go and a sign up on the wall giving the rules of beer pong. It's like all of a sudden I was in a frat house or something.


Thing that I still need after living in New York for a week:


  • Furniture. I am currently borrowing Dayne's air mattress.

  • A comforter especially since winter is coming soon.

  • hmm.. what else? OH YEAH! A job.

  • I also need to get used to the sounds of New York. As I type this, there's a girl outside screaming “DADDY!!!” over and over again. It's 11:44pm. Not to mention the bus that stops right in front of my apt. And runs all night.


Overall, I really like living here. It's super convenient to get places, I have people to hang out with, and I've been able to explore the city a bit. I'm not scared of living in East Harlem. I think it's nice seeing all the diversity and all. And I haven't been mugged (yet?) nor have I seen a cockroach (yet). You guys should come visit. :) We can be tourists together.

No comments: